Matthew E. Herberg, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Board-Certified in Otolaryngology
Specializing in Head & Neck Surgical Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery and Experienced in Endocrine, Nasal, Sinus, and Sleep Surgery
About Dr. Herberg
Dr. Matthew Herberg is a board-certified otolaryngologist with a special focus in head and neck surgery, including thyroid, parathyroid, salivary gland, and sleep surgery. With over 8 years of experience in the field, he has developed a reputation as a skilled and compassionate physician who is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to his patients.
Dr. Herberg received his medical degree from New York Medical College. He went on to complete his residency in Otolaryngology at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Dr. Herberg completed a fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Head & Neck Surgical Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery, where he gained expertise in the latest surgical techniques and technologies for treatment of head and neck cancer.
Throughout his career, Dr. Herberg has been committed to advancing the field of otolaryngology through research, education, and leadership. He has authored numerous articles and book chapters on topics related to head and neck surgery and has presented his work at national and international conferences.
Dr. Herberg is an active member of several professional organizations, including the American Academy of Otolaryngology and the American College of Surgeons. He is a proud veteran, having served 13 years in the U.S. Army before being honorably discharged at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
In his free time, Dr. Herberg enjoys spending time outdoors with his family and rescue dogs. He lives in Orlando and is dedicated to giving back to his community through providing exceptional medical care and continued national service with the U.S. Army Reserves.
- B.A. in Computer Science & Psychology | Yale University – New Haven, CT
- Certificate in Premedical Sciences | Columbia University – New York, NY
- M.D. | New York Medical College – Valhalla, NY
- Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Residency | Walter Reed National Military Medical Center – Bethesda, MD
- Head & Neck Surgical Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship | Johns Hopkins School of Medicine – Baltimore, MD
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American College of Surgeons
- American Head & Neck Society