Alvin T. DeTorres, M.D.
Board-Certified in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Specializing in Otology and Neurotology
About Dr. DeTorres
Alvin T. DeTorres, M.D., joined The Ear, Nose, Throat and Plastic Surgery Associates in 2020. Dr. DeTorres is seeing patients at our Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, and Central Orlando offices.
Dr. DeTorres is fellowship-trained in Otology-Neurotology from the University of Utah School of Medicine. His practice focuses on treating patients with ear problems and he also welcomes patients with all general otolaryngology issues. His areas of expertise include medical and surgical care of hearing loss, chronic ear disease, auditory prostheses including cochlear implants, as well as care of tinnitus and dizziness. He works collaboratively with neurosurgery, neurology, audiology, and physical therapy to provide multidisciplinary care to patients with otologic and neurotologic problems. He has published research on hearing loss, cochlear implants, and acoustic neuromas and has presented his work at national meetings.
Dr. DeTorres is a native of Central Florida. He is board-eligible by the American Board of Otolaryngology.
- B.S. | Molecular Biology, Stetson University – DeLand, FL
- M.D. | University of Central Florida College of Medicine – Orlando, FL
- Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Residency | Georgetown University Medical Center
- Otology-Neurotology Fellowship | University of Utah School of Medicine
American Neurotology Society
- American Rhinologic Society
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Medical Association
What People Are Saying
“Dr. DeTorres and staff took excellent care of me. I got a through examination. Dr. DeTorres was knowledgeable and had a great bedside manner.”
– Review, HealthGrades.com